Intern Program Overview:
The program supports, encourages, and recognizes NKBA member firms that register to help build an educated workforce by providing internships to students at programs accredited by the NKBA.
The NKBA Intern Program:
- Is offered free to NKBA member firms
- Provides listing of your internship online and markets the opportunity to NKBA member students at programs accredited by NKBA
- Supports firms who wish to help build an educated workforce by providing a detailed booklet to answer your questions about internships and assist in planning your firm’s internship opportunities
- Flexible and adaptable to your organization’s needs
How can an intern benefit my company?
- Year-round source of highly motivated pre-professionals
- Interns add enthusiasm and current industry knowledge to your company
- Visibility of your organization is increased on campus
- Quality candidates for ongoing projects
- Freedom for professional staff to pursue more creative projects
- Flexible, cost-effective work force, which does not require a long-term employer commitment
- Proven cost-effective way to recruit and evaluate potential employees
- Your image in the community is enhanced as you contribute your expertise to the educational enterprise
The internship is generally taken just before or during the final year of classroom work, providing real-world experience and enhancing and extending classroom learning. With preparation through classroom and internship experiences, a student who completes an NKBA Accredited curriculum should have the competencies considered to be the foundation for practice as a kitchen/bath designer. The length of time that you will have the intern can vary, but the NKBA requires 160 hours for the internship.
More Information contact: info@mi-nkba.